Brian Ho is one of the partners of Howse Williams. He specialises in corporate finance, initial public offerings, secondary fund raising exercises, mergers and acquisitions, direct investment and corporate restructurings and reorganisations. He also advises on corporate governance and compliance. Brian qualified as a barrister and solicitor in the State of Victoria, Australia in 1997 and admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2000.
He previously practiced in the corporate and securities department of various leading local and international law firms in Hong Kong and has advised blue chip listed companies, PRC privately owned or state owned enterprises and multi-national corporations in various corporate finance and corporate compliance transactions. Prior to joining HWB, Brian has gained substantial investment banking experience at Standard Chartered Bank in which he has led and participated in the completion of various ECM transactions in the financial, real estate, telecommunication, retail, general industries sectors.
Brian has represented major clients on many significant matters including:
- Acting as Joint Sponsor and Joint Bookrunner in the US$66m initial public offering of Xiao Nan Guo Restaurant, the largest self-owned mid-to high-end Chinese cuisine full service restaurant, on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting as Joint Underwriter in the US$2.1bn chain rights offering of New World Development, one of the Hang Seng Index constituent stocks and major conglomerates in Hong Kong and New World China, the China real estate development arm of New World Development.
- Acting as Sole Sponsor in the listing by way of introduction of Elec & Eltek International, one of the largest PCB manufacturer in Asia and an existing listed company on the Singapore Stock Exchange, on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting as Joint Global Coordinator in the US$1.37bn initial public offering of HKT Trust, the fixed line, mobile and broadband telecom business of PCCW, on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting on behalf of Beiersdorf AG, an international branded consumer goods company, in the acquisition of a leading haircare brand in China at a consideration of €317m.
- Acting on behalf of Brilliance China Auto, a leading automobile manufacturer in China, in the issuance of US$184m zero coupon convertible bond.
- Acting on behalf of BofA Merrill Lynch and BNP Paribas in the US$504m initial public offering of Nine Dragons Paper, the largest packaging paperboard producer in Asia, on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting on behalf of PetroChina, China’s biggest oil producer, in the US$2.5bn acquisition of overseas oil and gas businesses.