Christopher Yu is one of the partners of Howse Williams. He is experienced in private equity and Hong Kong capital markets transactions and regularly advises private equity clients and Hong Kong listed companies on strategic investments in and outside of Hong Kong and China. Mr. Yu qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
He represents clients in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, privatizations of Hong Kong listed companies, PIPEs, pre-IPO and cornerstone investments, primary and secondary listings of portfolio companies on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, general regulatory compliance of private equity firms in Hong Kong and of their listed portfolio companies, and a broad range of other corporate transactions.
Christopher has represented major clients on many significant matters including:
- Alliance Capitial as sponsor in the HK$211million initial public offering of China Rongzhong Financial on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Zensun in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Heng Fai Enterprise Limited and the subsequent HK$1.2 billion mandatory general offer triggered as a result of such acquisition
- Selling Shareholders in the US$169 million Hong Kong IPO of China Shengmu on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Selling Shareholders in the US$206 million Hong Kong IPO of Forgame on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Mando China Holdings Limited in its US$270 million Hong Kong IPO and global offering of shares, the first Korean company’s listing in Hong Kong.
- China Suntien Energy Corporation Limited on the US$400 million Hong Kong IPO and global offering of H shares
- Morgan Stanley, Citigroup and China International Capital Corporation on the US$2 billion Hong Kong IPO and global offering of shares by China Coal Energy Company Limited
- GCL New Energy, Sino-Credit, Lenovo, Belle International, Rusal, Guangshen Railway, China Suntien Energy, China Coal and Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical on various connected transaction disclosure, regulatory, compliance and general corporate matters
- TPG in relation to its successful US$134 million investment in Li Ning Company Limited via purchase of shares and subscription of convertible bonds
- Hony Capital on the US$155 million pre-IPO investments in Rongzhong Group and Rongzhong Capital. Rongzhong Group provides pawn shop services, fund management, investment banking and loan guarantee services in China. Rongzhong Capital provides financial leasing and other related financial services in China
- KKR on its pre-IPO investment in Rungdong Automobile Group and the establishment of a share incentive structure for the controlling shareholder and senior management team
- MSPE on a pre-IPO investment in a PRC-based convenience store business, Hi-24
- Lenovo Group in relation to its successful US$671 million public takeover of Medion AG
- Petronas on its successful US$720 million mandatory general offer for Star Energy Group PLC
- CSX Corporation and CSX World Terminals Limited in the US$1.15 billion acquisition by Dubai Ports International of their global terminals and logistics business
- Merrill Lynch and China International Capital Corporation in their capacities as financial advisers to China Mobile (Hong Kong) Limited on a successful US$433 million voluntary conditional cash offer for China Resources Peoples Telephone Company
- Anheuser-Busch on a US$182 million strategic alliance with Tsingtao Brewery, an A+H share company, including increasing its stake in Tsingtao Brewery
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch on the sale of its private wealth business to Julius Baer Group